Salary: Up to NJC Scale 35 (Salary £37,849 FTE) for Child Care Award; up to NJC Scale 32 (Salary £34,788 FTE) without
Adoption Matters is a registered children’s charity and an independent adoption agency approved by Ofsted. We are a not for profit organisation who work across local authority boundaries to provide a consistent high quality support for adopters and adopted children. We are the ONLY adoption agency in the North of England to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last four consecutive inspections
Duties will include:
- Recruitment, preparation and assessment of families for children referred to the agency, including presentation of PARs at panel meetings.
- Provide good liaison with care agencies in order to match suitable children with approved applicants and in co-operation with the placing agency to support the applicants both pre and post placement, including where necessary post adoption. To attend planning meetings, reviews and Court as necessary.
- To offer advice and, where appropriate, counselling to birth parents and extended families, adoptive parents and extended families and adoptees.
- To attend staff and team meetings and supervision with Line Manager. To participate in the Advice Line.
- To be a member of a team expanding its philosophy and its commitment in the field of adoption and permanency and to share in the agency’s development plans. To comply with the agency’s statutory obligations, including adoption and safeguarding of children.
- At all times when carrying out principal responsibilities to maintain financial and budgetary awareness and ensure that operation management approval is obtained for any expenditure outside own delegated maximum.
The successful candidate will hold a Social Work degree or equivalent and will be registered with HCPC. You must also have experience of children’s social care and preferably experience of adoption work e.g. PAR assessment, support and inter agency working and knowledge of the Adoption & Children Act 2002.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be required.
- Members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Programme.
Please read the below person specification and job description relating to this role:
To apply please download and complete our Application Form before returning it via email or post to:
Post: FAO HR Department, Adoption Matters, 14 Liverpool Road, Chester, CH2 1AE.
If you require any more information please contact our HR team on Tel: 01244 390 938
Closing date: Monday 24 June 2019
Interview date: Friday 28th June 2019