Duration: 3 days over 3 weeks with participants expected to attend all sessions
Dates of course: 8th, 15th & 22nd May 2019 3 days over 3 weeks with participants expected to attend all sessions
Time: 9:45 am to 3:45 pm
Key Objectives of this course:
- To provide adoptive parents with knowledge and skills which enhances their ability to respond to their child during an emotional crisis in a non restrictive way
- Enhance parent skills which promote the emotional and psychological development of the child
- To increase parent confidence in managing children in distress
The course will involve small group discussion, video/trainer demonstrations and practise with all participants in a supportive and enjoyable way.
Hazel Griffiths-Jones, Consultant Psychologist has 30 years experience across the adult and child sector training and working with children, parents and carers and local authorities in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and families.
Sue Bellamy, therapist, has over 30 years experience across children’s services as a residential worker, foster carer, social worker, specialist mental health therapist and Theraplay therapist.
Hazel and Sue have worked together in delivering training to parents in managing crisis in children using ‘therapeutic crisis intervention’ since 2001.
Day 1 – Getting to know each other, introductions/establishing the expectations in the group. Introduction to the nature of emotional crisis, for us as adults and children.
Day 2 – Neuro-development and the traumatised child. The impact of the everyday factors in emotional crisis. Managing what we can to prevent crises and promote growth.
Day 3 – Using ourselves to enable communication, support a child in crisis and promote life skills for our children.
Testimonials from our previous course:
- Really feel that skills we have learnt over the 3 days have increased and also feel more confident, this is because of how Hazel and Sue taught the sessions
- Has really boosted our confidence
- Great practical help that I have already used at home
- Have thoroughly enjoyed this training
- Have learnt new techniques
Cost: £650 per place. Tea & coffee will be provided but please bring your own lunch.
To book your place please contact Shirley Sheen, Therapy Service Co-Ordinator, email@example.com or Tel: 01244 390 938
Training flier is available to download on pdf here: Child to Parent Violence – Flier – Feb 2019