Role: Adoption Practitioner
Salary: Up to NJC scale 41 for Child Care Award
An exciting opportunity to join our award winning agency as we continue to grow and innovate.
We are the ONLY adoption agency in the North West to be rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last three consecutive inspections in 2008, 2011 & 2014. We were named Adoption Agency of the Year in 2011 & 2014 by BAAF and our Centre for Adoption Support Manager was named Adoption Support Practitioner of the year in 2016.
Duties will include:
- Recruitment, preparation and assessment of families for children referred to the agency, including presentation of PARs at panel meetings.
- Provide good liaison with care agencies in order to match suitable children with approved applicants and in co-operation with the placing agency to support the applicants both pre and post placement, including where necessary post adoption. To attend planning meetings, reviews and Court as necessary.
- To offer advice and, where appropriate, counselling to birth parents and extended families, adoptive parents and extended families and adoptees.
- To attend staff and team meetings and supervision with Line Manager.
- To participate in the Advice Line.
- To be a member of a team expanding its philosophy and its commitment in the field of adoption and permanency and to share in the agency’s development plans.
- To comply with the agency’s statutory obligations, including adoption and safeguarding of children.
- At all times when carrying out principal responsibilities to maintain financial and budgetary awareness and ensure that operation management approval is obtained for any expenditure outside own delegated maximum.
The successful candidate will hold a Social Work degree or equivalent and will be registered with HCPC. You must also have experience of children’s social care work.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required. Adoption Matters are members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
To apply please download and complete our Application Form before returning it via email or post to:
Post: FAO HR Department, Adoption Matters, 14 Liverpool Road, Chester, CH2 1AE
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’S.
Closing Date: Monday 23rd October 2017