Salary: Up to NJC Scale 41 (£36,379) for Child Care Award
Location: Home based to cover Stoke-on-Trent, South Cheshire (including Crewe, Nantwich, Congleton), North Staffs, North Shropshire.
Adoption Matters is a registered children’s charity and an independent adoption agency approved by Ofsted. We are a not for profit organisation who work across local authority boundaries to provide a consistent high quality support for adopters and adopted children. We are the ONLY adoption agency in the North West to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last four consecutive inspections.
- recruitment, preparation and assessment of families for children referred to the agency, including presentation of PARs at panel meetings
- liaison with care agencies in order to match suitable children with approved applicants and in co-operation with the placing agency to support the applicants both pre and post placement, including where necessary post adoption
- attend planning meetings, reviews and Court as necessary
- offer advice and, where appropriate, counselling to birth and adoptive parents and extended families and adoptees
- participation in the Advice Line rota.
The successful candidate will hold a Social Work degree or equivalent and will be registered with HCPC. You must also have expereince of children’s social care and preferably experience of adoption work e.g PAR assessment, support and inter agency working and knowledge of the Adoption & Children Act 2002.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be required.
- Members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
To apply please download and complete our Application Form before returning it via email or post to:
Post: FAO HR Department, Adoption Matters, 14 Liverpool Road, Chester, CH2 1AE
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’S.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th December 2017