Salary: Up to NJC Scale 44 (£39,177)
Adoption Matters is a registered children’s charity and an independent adoption agency approved by Ofsted. We are a not for profit organisation who work across local authority boundaries to provide a consistent high quality support for adopters and adopted children. We are the ONLY adoption agency in the North West to have been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last four consecutive inspections.
Direct Reports Adoption Practitioners, Social Work Assistant, Students, Volunteers
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To ensure the service is of a high quality, is efficient, safe and delivers to performance targets.
- Provide effective day to day supervision of a small number of Adoption Practitioners, ensuring adherence to quality standards and robust case work management.
- The post holder will have a limited caseload and will provide support with complex casework performing the role of consultant within the team, helping to develop skills, experience and expertise of all team members.
- To take a lead role in the development of particular areas of professional practice.
- To be a member of a team, expanding its philosophy and its commitment in the field of adoption and permanency; and to share in the agency development plans.
- To comply with the agency statutory obligations, including adoption and safeguarding of children.
The successful candidate will hold a Social Work degree or equivalent and will be registered with HCPC.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Members of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
To apply please download and complete our Application Form before returning it via email or post to:
Post: FAO HR Department, Adoption Matters, 14 Liverpool Road, Chester, CH2 1AE
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’S.
Closing date: Friday 19th January 2018